Saturday, March 12, 2011

Birthday Gifts

My yarn came on time for me to make gifts for my dad and brother-in-law.
The following gifts were for my brother-in-law. Everything was made from 100% Superwash Merino Wool from Knit Picks. They are soft, very warm, and machine washable.

Gender Neutral Wristwarmers
These fingerless mittens were made on the blue Knifty Knitter round loom with two strands of Knit Picks Swish Worsted 100% superwash merino wool in cobblestone heather. It took less than 2 balls. I altered Bethany Dailey's mittens pattern at gettinitpegged.com and used the thumb holes idea (I made them a bit bigger) from Gretchen Kalhust's Top Down Wrist Warmer Pattern. I bound off after 28 rows using the flat panel bind off. The wrist part was a bit too large for me, but I have pretty small wrists.

fingerless mittens


fingerless mittens on my hand, palm view

back of hand












Camo in Stripes Hat
The hat was made on the green Knifty Knitter round loom with Knit Picks Swish Worsted 100% superwash merino wool in truffle (dark brown), doe (tan), and Dublin (green).
my pattern
I used two strands of yarn and e-wrapped each row. It is extra long so that it could have a cuff or be more like a stocking cap. My 6-year-old niece loved how warm her daddy's hat was and requested one of her own. It's almost done, and I'll post pics of it when finished.

hat with rolled brim
hat with cuff

No comments:

Post a Comment