Monday, February 21, 2011

As usual, this Indiana weather is confusing me. Although I have lived in this state my entire life, I still have yet to understand its weather patterns. A few weeks ago we had an ice storm; last week it was sunny and in the 60s; now it is rainy and in the 40s. This is leaving me unsure as to how to proceed in several areas.
I was considering making hats as gifts for two birthdays that are this week, but my yarn has not arrived, and it seems the weather may actually get too warm for them to make sense to be given at this time of year. What should I do for two male relatives that I always seem to be buying the same things for? Plus, I am trying not to spend much money but give quality gifts.
My other area of concern with the weather is how it will affect my gardening this year. Last year's abnormal precipitation patterns caused me all kinds of problems with fungus and slugs in my garden. I have been meaning to order some perennials from Breck's. Hopefully the sale that was supposed to end last week did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment